Copyright © 2022, PetPace. All rights reserved.
PetPace Ltd. (“PetPace”, “we”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“users”, “you”). The following information describes how PetPace collects and processes information about you when you use our Website (as defined below).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How we secure your information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
PetPace provides remote pet health and well-being monitoring solutions (“Smart Collar”) that track vital signs and other physiological, behavior and location data in real-time by utilizing advanced analytical methods and alerting models (“Services”). The Smart Collars are provided to pet owners who operate them via a designated application (“PetPace App”) and/or businesses who utilize the Services via a designated platform (“PetPace Platform”). The website (“Website”) is designed to provide information about the Services, and to enable users to purchase the Smart Collars and related PetPace App or PetPace Platform as well as to log in to their Accounts (as defined below), contact PetPace or register to receive marketing updates.
3. Collecting Information
When you use the Website, some information may be automatically collected, and some is collected when you interact with our Website. Information from which you can be personally identified may be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address and address (hereinafter: “Personal Information”).
The type of information that may be automatically collected is non-personal information, which includes your session durations, information about your Device and your internet connection and the frequency and scope of your use of the Website.
PetPace shall only collect your Personal Information for the provision of the Services, via the methods detailed below:
- Purchase the Smart Collar
If you wish to purchase a Smart Collar or related components or accessories and utilize the PetPace App or PetPace Platform, we will collect your Personal Information such as full name, email address, when relevant, the name of the company or clinic you are associated with and if applicable, your phone number and payment information. We will use such information to create your user account (“Account”).
- Logging-in to your Account
If you wish to log-in to your Account for the provision of our Services, we will collect your Personal Information such as email and password.
- Contact Support
If you wish to contact us, we will collect your name, email and the information regarding your inquiry.
- Marketing Communications and Newsletter
If you wish to register and receive communications from PetPace, such as receiving our newsletter, and being provided with information on the Services, subject to your consent, we will collect your name and email address, and will send you the required materials.
4. Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing the Requested Services
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you are provided with or wish to be provided with.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services.
- Improvement and Development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on PetPace’s Website and its Services and to provide more information on the use of our Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain our compliance with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Website, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Website and Services to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Website;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Website and Services by enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used PetPace’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you, provide you with relevant notifications and make the Website more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on the Website and customize our content.
5. Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, payment services, data management or maintenance services. Personal Information of users of our Website will be shared, when such sharing is required to provide the Website and Services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics purposes. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your Device, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of Website.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage PetPace, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others.
6. Your Rights
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your Personal Information. In order to do so, you may change your Personal Information via your User Profile page on your Account on the PetPace Platform, or by contacting us at: https://petpace.com/contact/
In some jurisdictions, in particular but not limited to those located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request confirmation of the existence of the processing.
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure or anonymization of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above or any other right you believe you have, you may contact us at: https://petpace.com/contact/.
7. California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us.
8. California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“) permits users who are California residents to request to exercise certain rights. If you are a California resident, the CCPA grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to your Personal Information. In particular, you can request to receive information on the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared your Personal Information.
You can rest assure that we do not sell your Personal Information. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of our Services, unless those differences are related to your provision of your Personal Information.
Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Moreover, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide, will only cover the 12 month period preceding your verifiable request’s receipt. If, for some reason, we cannot reply within such time frame, our response will include an explanation for our inability to comply. If you wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us at: https://petpace.com/contact/.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at https://petpace.com/contact/ and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- Links to Other Websites
11. Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to https://petpace.com/contact/. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
12. Data Security
We deploy industry standard, or better measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of the Website to you. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm, including with regard to notifications. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Website, and transmission is at the users own risk.
13. Data Retention
Generally, PetPace does not retain Personal Information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for PetPace to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on December 2022.